NOTICE OF TEMPORARY CHANGE TO OUR ORTHODONTIC APPOINTMENT AVAILABILITY
We hope that you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines.
While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your health, safety and well being.
Given the current environment with COVID-19 and in anticipation of reopening our orthodontic office in the near future, we have implemented the following changes in our office that we want you to be aware of. Please be assured that we have made these changes to help protect both you, other patients, and our staff as well.
- You may be asked screening questions both before your appointment and again when you arrive at the office.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing, and also to allow for adequate time to disinfect treatment areas between patient visits. Unfortunately, because of these changes we may have fewer options available to offer you when scheduling future appointments.
- Patients are asked to not bring others with them for their orthodontic visit unless they are a parent or guardian of a patient who is a minor. An accompanying adult may remain in our waiting room area if 6 feet social distancing is maintained. If physical distancing is not possible, the parent or guardian may be asked to wait either outside of the office or in their vehicle until we inform you by phone or text that your child has finished their orthodontic adjustment.
- You may notice that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines and other items that are difficult to clean.
- Our toothbrush station will also be temporarily closed, so we ask all patients to please brush their teeth at home before arriving at our office.
- Before entering our clinic area your temperature will be taken. You will also be asked to use a hand sanitizer and rinse with an antimicrobial mouthwash which we will have available.
- Please remember to wear a face covering or mask whenever you enter our orthodontic office.
Upon guidance from the California State Society of Orthodontists, the California Dental Association, The Center of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), we anticipate that our orthodontic office will be able to reopen in the upcoming few weeks. At that time, we will be reaching out to all our patients to schedule appointments to resume their orthodontic care.
We look forward to seeing you again. Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Dr. Rodney K. Ito and staff
Important Information Regarding COVID-19
In recognition of ongoing news reports and the continued spread of the COVID-19 virus, we realize our patients have questions. As dedicated health care professionals, we want you to know that we remain as diligent as ever in protecting the health and safety of our patients and staff. Our practice strictly adheres to and exceeds the standards for infection control by wearing personal protective gear, using hospital-grade disinfectants, practicing the latest sterilization protocols, utilizing single-use disposable materials, and more. Every effort we have in place is to ensure the safety of our patients and staff. We want you to know that we are monitoring this situation very closely, and we will keep you updated regularly.
Symptoms of coronavirus are reported as flu-like, with varying degrees of severity. While we do not know everything about this virus to date, individuals who are elderly and/or immunocompromised appear to be the most at risk of a severe infection. To ensure your health and safety, and the health and safety of everyone at our practice, please reschedule your appointment if you or a member of your household has a cough, fever, and/or flu-like symptoms. In addition, please reschedule your appointment if you have traveled to any areas within the past 14 days that are at high risk for contracting the coronavirus.
We thank you in advance and extend our gratitude for your understanding and cooperation. Together, we can help keep everyone as safe and healthy as possible. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our office, and one of our staff members will be more than happy to assist you.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links: